Transforming the landscape of agricultural production will enable us to address some of humanity’s most important sustainable development goals.
- Bringing an end to hunger and malnutrition and ensuring access to healthy food.
- Doubling agricultural productivity and the income of food producers.
- Sustainability of production systems and agricultural practices to increase productivity and production.
- Maintenance of ecosystems.
- Improving rural infrastructure, agricultural research, and technological development of the field.
- Promoting agricultural development in the country itself.
- Ending the volatility of food prices.
Responsible production and consumption
- Applying sustainable consumption and production methods.
- Achieving sustainable management and efficient use of natural resources.
- Reducing food losses in production, supply, and post-harvest chains.
- Environmentally responsible management of chemicals.
- Help for developing countries to enhance their scientific and technological capacity so that they can move towards sustainable consumption and production.
- Applying instruments to monitor effects on sustainable development.
Life of terrestrial ecosystems
- Combating desertification, restoring degraded land and soil, including land affected by desertification, drought, and floods.
- Guaranteeing the conservation, restoration, and sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems.
Decent work and economic growth
- Increasing the yield of agricultural production through technology as a lever for the generation of employment.
At AgritechMurcia we develop different lines of work to help farmers guarantee an increasingly efficient and sustainable agricultural production.
Research into new types of cultivation adapted to the needs of each area.
Design of equipment for optimal control of irrigation water with remote control systems
for positive change
Water shortages are intensifying as a result of climate change, affecting the sustainability of irrigated agriculture in many regions, such as in south-eastern Spain, where
The project includes high technology in a plastic greenhouse, with hanging channels, climate control and drainage recirculation.
The project offers a new process by which oil mills produce two new by-products from the waste generated in the oil industry. The use of
Design, manufacture and construction of technologically equipped greenhouses. The greenhouse model is the multi-tunnel type. The equipment of this installation has fertirrigation systems, drip irrigation,
Integral design of agricultural farms for intensive horticulture production. Identification of productive plots, topographical surveys, hydrogeological analysis of planned boreholes, comprehensive agronomic study. Preliminary technical
The objective is to assess to what extent the addition of organic amendments (compost/biochar combination) and/or the establishment of plants allows to trigger soil evolution
Experts analyse the health of this crop, which is very similar to that of other systems. However, special attention must be paid to the humidity